God's Word for Today

Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins: #89

1. I enjoy my Thursday evenings with my accountability sister, my morning coffee, a quiet afternoon when I can take a nap, a thunderstorm, spring, homemade biscuits and gravy and reading a great novel.

2. Life’s unanswerable questions are something I wonder about often lately. Why things happen, the mystery of God’s will and the opposition it receives in the stubborn willful human nature.

3. In your heart, you knew that no matter what God will hold me up, even when I feel my grasp slipping.

4. Take a teenager who thinks their an adult, add a little (a lot) of rebellion and you end up with a mothers bruised and broken heart.

5. Life has gifted me with compassion when it is appropriate to be compassionate, empathy, a willingness to learn and be teachable, discernment, tears, accountability sisters that hold me up when I am about to crumble and faith in an all powerful all mighty God.

6. A cup of hazelnut coffee and a Nonni’s Turtle Biscotti is an instant vacation.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a quiet evening and a Netflix DVD, tomorrow my plans include bill paying, sorting the 12 pounds of junque mail, laundry, sweeping and dusting or maybe I’ll just sit on the sofa a nurse my cold, and Sunday, I want to go to church and be swept away by the power and awesomeness of how great God is!

Friday Fill-ins: # 89

3 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

loved all your insights...you are in a tender place right now and your writing shows it : )

Janet said...

Love your answers to #1! Thanks for playing :-)

Ruthie said...

I am so glad that you are starting to get some birds in your back yard. Things are definately different when we move - We moved a year and a half ago. There are things I miss about my old place - but so many wonderful things in the new place! So good to hear from you.
I enjoyed reading your posts. Very nice.
Blessings.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter