God's Word for Today

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Squidgy or not to Squidgy ….that is the question.

No deep or profound spiritual truths tonight, just a bit of a dilemma, sotrta!

I have to briefly share with you my internal dilemma. If you have been reading my blog then you will know that I am on a mini me vacation as my DH and DD are out of town on a mission trip. I have been enjoying myself immensely and indulging my every whim, mostly. However tonight as I prepared to take my shower I was presented with a rather unique dilemma.

You see my DH is a bit of a neat freak. In fact he is a much better housewife that I am. He can clean better that any one I know. I could quite possible go the rest of my life and never push a vacuum or mop ever again and live quite contentedly.

So here was my dilemma. Since we have moved into our new house we have in our master bathroom a separate shower as well as a bath tub. This shower has these clear glass doors. This was a slight flaw in the house but I was willing to overlook this in favor of my nice bright large kitchen. Well my hope is that it we will eventually replace the wonderfully awful clear glass with a much more attractive as well as camouflaging frosted glass.

Showering behind a clear glass door is rather like showering in front of an open window. I have learned to live with it so far. However with the clear glass come the inevitable nasty water spots. Now as I said my husband being the obsessive compulsive (God Love him and me too) placed a squidgy in the shower and we faithfully squidgy the doors down after every shower this insuring that the water spot get wiped away.

Can I tell how much I hate having to squidgy my shower doors? I am sure it was a man that deiced that clear glass door in a shower was a good idea, but in any even as I stepped in the show this evening a thought occurred to me.

I am here all by my little old self. I can do what ever I want. I can throw caution to the wind and step out of the shower and leave the squidgy in its little basket along with my shaving cream and razor. I pondered my bathing moral dilemma as I washed my hair.

To squidgy or not to squidgy that is the question. Weather it is nobler to consider the needs of my husband or step from the shower leaving the water spot to drip and dry.

What would you do????

1 comment:

Skoots1moM said...

I read the other day that if you WD40 your shower doors, it treats it like protectant on the windshield and the water spots won't stick...
wooooo hoooo...
I haven't tried it yet but the lady on the website swore by it.

go look at my blog...
be a rebel, don't squigy :)

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter